Sex For Mark Syndrome. (SMS).

Recently, the world was agog with the noise of a viral video involving a UNILAG lecturer in a video conversation with a prospective UNILAG student, demanding to have sex with the student for admission reasons but it turned out that the prospective student was a BBC reporter who posted herself as an admission seeker.
Prof Boniface Egbeneghu, the UNILAG lecturer.
The lecturer, Prof. Boniface Igbeneghu who was a senior lecturer at the faculty of Arts, the sub dean of the faculty and the pastor of a local parish for Foursquare Church was caught on camera by Kiki Mordi and other reporters that are working for BBC in order to expose lecturers in tertiary institutions in Nigeria and Ghana who demand sex from students for grades or other reasons. The church had taken immediate action by dissociating itself from the lecturer. It said “We dissociate ourselves from the purported heinous and unscriptural conducts of Dr. Igbeneghu Boniface and promise to take appropriate measures as soon as the ongoing investigation is concluded” The church had said in a statement issued to a newspaper, following the scandal. University of Lagos had suspended the lecturer through its disciplinary committee and promise to take further appropriate disciplinary actions against him if found guilty of the offence.
watch the video below:


Dr. Paul Kwame Butakor of the College of Education, University of Ghana was also in the viral video where he was asking to be an assistant boyfriend or side-boy to female students. The University of Ghana had suspended him immediately as a disciplinary measure. According to different sources, Dr. Boniface was reputed to be famous for this act and many students had fallen victims of his sexual escapades predation.

Similar thing had happened in December last year when a professor in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife Osun state (Nigeria), Prof Richard Iyiola Akindele was caught on a recorded phone conversation, asking a post graduate student for sex in exchange for marks. That audio was probably what set all these sex for mark syndrome thing in motion. The lecturer had been disgraced online and offline and his career had been ruined, most importantly he had been jailed for two years.
Prof Richard Iyiola Akindele, the jailed OAU lecturer.

There have been reported cases of female teachers, lecturers and employers demanding sex from students and job seeking applicants in exchange for grades or jobs, has anything been done about this too? What about lecturers who don’t demand for sex but asks for cash and kinds, have they been caught too? This is just a battle, we have the whole war to win and until the war is won, our victory lasts but for a moment.

Back then when I was in school, I had a female course mate who was also my best friend. There was a particular lecturer (I’ll withhold his for personal reasons) who desperately wanted to have sex with this friend. He was notorious for sleeping with female students and collecting money from male students in order to pass them in his course. He got the girl’s number through our course rep and was always calling the girl, asking the girl to come to his house but the girl always rejected his overtures. Over time, this lust developed into a passionate hatred to the extent that whenever he sees a male (student) around the girl, he was always mad with rage.

In one of his classes one day, I and this friend were sitting on same bench and listening to what he was saying. The whole time, he was looking in our direction. Unfortunately that day, I was not writing, I was recording the lecture on my phone since I was very close to the front of the class so I didn’t bother to write. But my friend was jotting and we were discussing how to exchange notes after the class.
Suddenly, he sighted me and asked me to stand up. I did. He asked me why I was not writing and I told him that I was recording the class on my phone, hence I was not writing. He told me to leave the class and I left. Later, people came to me to tell me that I should have begged him or do something but I knew that no amount of begging would placate his rage and hatred so I left. My friend came to me after the class and said sorry to me for being dismissed from class because of her and I said no problem.
We wrote the exams that semester and when the results came out, I and the girl failed the course even when we had A in other courses. It was as simple as that. In order not to give him any excuse to fail us, we had attended all his classes, did and submitted all his assignments promptly and wrote the tests yet he had failed us and we couldn’t even call for our papers. When we took the matter to the students’ admin, we were advised to accept our fate and rewrite the paper as carryover; otherwise, we could make more enemies along the way if we insisted on calling for our papers.

That was a sad tale and there was nobody that we could tell, no hope of vengeance or retribution. Looking back at that incident, I was always angry whenever I hear cases of lecturers and teachers in citadel of learning, demanding sex, cash or kinds from students. These lecturers and teachers are the worst form of lowlifes the world has ever known. They often use their position of authority to cheat students and in most cases, they go away with it.

The saddening part of all these however is that these people always get off with little or no punishment for their evil actions. When they are caught, they always lie that the students have seduced them and somehow, that unreasonable explanation usually scores points. The few ones like the OAU lecturer who gets punished usually get light punishment. The punishment should have been harder such that anyone who wishes to go into such things would think of the implications before embarking on it. Let’s say anyone caught in the act would be jailed for ten years with hard labour, the act would have been drastically reduced If not completely stopped.

keywords

sex for mark oau lecturer
sex for marks documentary
sex for mark ekiti
sex for marks in nigerian universities
sex for marks in nigeria universities
sex for marks in universities
sex for mark in ekiti state university
sex for marks makerere university
sex for marketing
sex for marks moi university
sex for mark documentary bbc video
sex for mark update
oau sex for mark update
oau student sex for mark
sex for mark at obafemi awolowo university
sex for marks prof akindele
sex ed mark weinman
sex question mark fringe
sex for mark in obafemi awolowo university
sex mark münze wert
sex question mark
sex trafficking mark

Comments

Popular Posts This Month.

GRAMMATICAL NAMES AND FUNCTIONS

HOW TO ANSWER SUMMARY QUESTIONS CORRECTLY.

Why Are Degree Holders Poor?