AGAISNT ALL ODDS- KELECHI OKWUCHI.

 Heavenoasis.
kechi okwuchi agt
 https://heavenoasis.blogspot.com
            
KELECHI OKWUCHI Is one of the two survivors of the Sosoliso aircraft that happened in Nigeria in the year 2005. She was born on October 29, 1989, in Orlu Imo state and grew up there though she attended boarding school at Loyola Jesuit in Abuja, Nigeria. At school, she was an excellent scholar and the pride of her parents. 
Kelechi Before the crash.
Kelechi, celebrating a birthday before the accident.

            In 
2005, she was traveling with 116 people on Sosoliso Airlines from Abuja to Port Harcourt. The plane crash-landed at the Port Harcourt International Airport and nearly all the passengers aboard died except her and another passenger. The news of this crash shook the whole country.
At the time, I was still in my fourth year in the secondary school and what made the news of this crash so grieving to me at the time was that 2005 was a year that Nigeria witnessed two plane crashes and lost a First Lady. Even at that tender age, I was an avid news reader and a political observer.Then, I never knew that someday, I would be writing the story of one of the survivors today.
Her Mum (left), Kelechi (middle) and her sister (right) in the hospital.

           When she was interviewed on Bella Naija  she shared the traumatizing experience of the last moment before the plane crash, she said
 “Fifteen minutes to the end of the flight, the pilot announced that we were soon to land at the Port Harcourt airport. I remember I was sitting in an aisle seat, and my close friend Toke was on the aisle seat to my right. The ensuing turbulence was getting very frequent, but I didn’t think too much of it until someone from the back shouted ‘Is this plane trying to land?’ I couldn’t see out the window from my seat, but now I think about it that was probably for the best. Everything was so surreal in that moment. I turned to Toke, and we held hands, and I was like ‘Maybe we should pray?’ Before we could even start, there was this sudden shrill sound ringing in my ears, and next thing I knew, I was waking up in Milpark Hospital, South Africa. To this day I don’t remember the actual impact of the crash.” 
           She and her best friend, Toke with 110 people were on board, when the plane slammed into the ground and burst into flames. Immediately after the crash, seven survivors were recovered and taken to hospitals, but only two people survived.

It was the second air disaster to occur in Nigeria in less than three months, after Bellview Airlines Flight 210, which crashed on 22 October and which was why I would never forget that year.


Kelechi was critically injured in the plane crash and has since undergone 100 surgeries in order to recover. Despite the traumatic episode, she only grew up stronger—she went on to graduate at the top of her class from university and even performed on “America’s Got Talent.” where she reached the finals.
Kelechi at graduation.

THE AMERICA GOT TALENT.


She became famous during America’s Got talent after receiving a "yes" from all four judges during her first audition on the show where she sang Ed Sheeran’s ‘thinking out loud’ on Tuesday 6 June 2017. She gained the attention of viewers across the world with her story but does not want people to vote for her based on that. She wanted people to love her because she deserves it and not out of pity for what happened to her. 
On her twitter handle, she said  “I will never ever forget this moment and this feeling. Not ever. I’m incredibly grateful to God for giving me yet another performance to look forward to on the America’s Got Talent stage. Whatever happens, I’m humbled.” At the auditions, her talent got her to the finals before she was out.
LESSONS.
Life is very funny and oftentimes, it acts as if it is a baby that doesn't know the right from the wrong, thus it thinks we are its toys and plays all sort of cruel jokes on us. Despite all these, we must not let the circumstances and situations of this life rob us the right to live and be happy as much as we can. No matter what has happened or whatever is happening to you, you must rise, live and explore this life to the fullest. Don't wallow in self pity and sadness.  oftentimes, most problems would flee in the presence of happiness. Remember, there is only on thing that you owe yourself in this life, THAT IS THE RIGHT TO HAPPINESS!
Keynotes.
1. kechi okwuchi before photos.
2. kechi okwuchi american idol
3. kechi okwuchi after agt
4. kechi okwuchi and angelica hale
5.kechi okwuchi album
6.kechi okwuchi accident
7. kechi okwuchi recent pictures
8 kechi okwuchi mother
9. kechi okwuchi before and after
10. kechi okwuchi age
11. kechi okwuchi now
12. kechi okwuchi songs
13. kechi okwuchi father

Comments

Popular Posts This Month.

GRAMMATICAL NAMES AND FUNCTIONS

HOW TO ANSWER SUMMARY QUESTIONS CORRECTLY.

Why Are Degree Holders Poor?